Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Prince Harry devastated by shock loss he didn’t see coming

Prince Harry is no longer a senior member of the royal family having announced his decision to leave in January, but there was another role he was also forced to leave behind that reportedly left him "devastated.The Duke of Sussex not only ditched the royal role he has known all his life, but in doing so he has also had to stand down from his role in the military..Harry served in the Army for 10 years, and rose through the ranks to become a Captain, undertaking two tours of Afghanistan, and he qualified as an Apache helicopter commander.His highest profile military title is as Captain General of the Royal Marines, a role he was handed by the Queen in December 2017, succeeding the Duke of Edinburgh.it is hard to believe that it was less than three weeks ago that Harry and Meghan’s "farewell tour" of the UK captivated audiences across the world. Beaming at each other in the rain, attending concerts and giving speeches, they made front page news as they always have when life was normal.




Now, newspapers and broadcasters have little room for smiling faces as the global coronavirus pandemic dominates.Furor over whether or not the Sussexes use the term "royal" in their branding or scrutiny of what kind of working deals they might make seem a distant memory as populations the world over shelter in place, businesses close, and loved ones succumb to the virus.However, on Tuesday March 31, when the clock reaches midnight, a milestone will pass and the freedom that Harry and Meghan held out for will become theirs as they officially exit the Firm.The moment is likely to feel very different to what they had anticipated. It was always going to be a “bittersweet” exit, with strained relations between family members and Harry and Meghan's frustration at the terms still raw.But as they boarded their planes to leave the country, the Sussexes could not have known how much life would change for everyone in such a short space of time.There can be no doubt that the global pandemic has dramatically altered what the next year will look like for the couple. Practically, their ability to travel and implement a new working model will need adapting, at least in the short term.And the huge swell of communities who need support is likely to have an impact on the organizations they may champion. Notable events on their schedule have already been altered.However, when Harry and his wife Meghan Markle decided to step down as senior royals, the Duke was forced to give up his "official military appointments".The royal reportedly revealed his regrets about this during one of his last engagements when he appeared at the Mountbatten Festival of Music at London's Royal Albert Hall alongside the Duchess of Sussex earlier this month.Speaking to The Sun, a source said: "He told people he regretted having to stand down and pretty much said the decision had been forced on him




He was being apologetic and did not appear fully at ease."He is a genuine guy and you could see he was upset and emotional as this was one of the last times he would be in uniform among his men and women.".During his speech at the festival on March 7, Harry said: "I am so proud to have served as the Royal Marines Captain and am devastated that I am having to step down."I feel I'm letting people down, but I had no choice.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Meghan Markle blasts ex-husband

Before Meghan Markle joined the royal family and married Prince Harry, she was previously wed to Hollywood producer Trevor Engelson, and the couple had a less-than-perfect union.In fact, according to a royal biographer, Meghan once blasted her ex-husband for being "incredibly unprofessional". .Meghan and Trevor had been dating since 2004, and tied the knot on September 10, 2011 in Jamaica.However, the cracks in their relationship were apparently starting to appear three weeks before their wedding when Trevor made an obscure podcast called 'Schmoedown' and an unhappy Meghan watched the livestream from her home in Toronto.Trevor could be seen swigging from an engraved hip flask during the show, something which was reportedly a gift from his fiancee, but that didn't mean she approved of his behaviour. According to Andrew Morton's 2018 book Meghan A Hollywood Princess, she texted him to “put that flask down, it looks incredibly unprofessional”.Trevor was ...

Chaos erupts in Mugodhi Apostolic Faith Church after First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa's visit

First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa to Mugodhi Apostolic Faith Church in Wedza on a cancer screening awareness programme has divided the church.with one faction accusing the late founder Tandewu Mugodhi’s sympathisers of disrespecting their religious beliefs. This was revealed on Saturday at the burial of Tandewu by the faction which is fighting to wrest control of the church from Mugodhi’s family.The faction accused its rivals of inviting the First Lady for cancer screening, a medical process which they claim was against their beliefs.The First Lady visited the shrine in April last year alongside government officials from the. Health ministry as part of her nationwide awareness campaign on free cancer screening.Zimbabwe Amalgamated Churches Council patron Jimayi Muduvuri, who also attended the burial at the weekend, confirmed the matter yesterday, saying the cancer screening exercise had brought divisions within the sect. “I am aware of the issue and it is being propped up...

Queen Elizabeth releases historic message What she said

Queen Elizabeth II has shared a message of hope and paid tribute to British healthcare workers amid the coronavirus pandemic.In a video, which was shared to YouTube on Sunday, Her Majesty gave thanks to frontline health workers while offering words of encouragement to families across the nation.“I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time,” the Queen began. “A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.The Queen has issued a message to the nation on the coronavirus outbreak, saying the UK is “entering a period of great concern and uncertainty”.The 93-year-old praised the work of scientists, medics and emergency staff, but added that everyone has a "vitally important part to play".Her message came just ahead of the PM's daily briefing, in which he said the UK could "turn the tide" in 12 weeks. The ...