Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Nelson Chamisa & Jonathan Moyo given advice by US officials, write to President Ramaphosa

Nelson Chamisa & Jonathan Moyo given advice by US officials, write to President Ramaphosa.Self-exiled G40 kingpin Professor Jonathan Moyo and MDC-ALLIANCE leader Mr Nelson Chamisa have allegedly written a letter to South African President Cyril Ramaphosa and selected SADC leaders requesting for them to push for exclusive dialogue between President Mnangagwa and Mr Chamisa,


outside the Political Actors Dialogue (Polad).The letter dubbed “Open Letter to President Ramaphosa” was not sent through official channels, but has been distributed to five newspapers, among them the Sunday Times for publication on Sunday, Kenyan sources said.President Ramaphosa is especially targeted since he is taking over the African Union chairmanship in January next year.“


Chamisa and Moyo have agreed that they would not send the letter to the Presidents of Mozambique, Zambia, Malawi and Angola, claiming that ‘the regimes in these countries are as repressive as Zimbabwe.“Although they initially wanted to exclude President Masisi of Botswana from the list of recipients of the letter, Chamisa assured Moyo that the Khama remnants in the BDP would be in a position to push Botswana towards a more friendly posture.


“Chamisa and Moyo were advised by US officials to embark on a diplomatic offensive against the rising anti sanctions sentiments, ahead of the AU Summit in January 2020,’’ said the sources.However, the initiative is unlikely to succeed as African countries are convinced that the sanctions are not justified.MDC secretary-general Mr Charlton Hwende yesterday said; “My president Chamisa is very clear in engaging SADC leaders to mediate between Zanu-PF and MDC-A.


‘There is need for dialogue between the two major political parties in Zimbabwe to take the country forward.”Analysts and political leaders have criticised the MDC-A leader for continuing to insist on dialogue between President Mnangagwa and himself outside POLAD.Recently, Mr Chamisa approached bishop of the Zion Christian Church (ZCC) Nehemiah Mutendi to facilitate dialogue with President Mnangagwa.National Constitutional Assembly (NCA) leader Professor Lovemore Madhuku said if the MDC-A was serious about dialogue with Zanu-PF, it should do so through Polad.

“Polad provides that platform where two political parties can discuss certain issues without the involvement of other players.“MDC-A should realise that they are the only party missing from the framework.“They are welcome to join us.Sadc recognises Polad and so who are they to condemn the platform.“This country does not belong to ZANU-PF and MDC-A only, other parties constitute almost five percent, which is a big number,” said Professor Madhuku.

Political analyst Mr Tafadzwa Mugwadi said it was interesting that Mr Chamisa was pushing for a parallel process that excluded other players at a time when the Polad platform had been endorsed by progressive forces.“That only serves to show that he is aware that he is fast losing relevance even among his kingmakers in the vanguard.He should sort out his own problem than hiding behind the excuse of bilateral discussions with President Mnangagwa,” he said

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Meghan Markle blasts ex-husband

Before Meghan Markle joined the royal family and married Prince Harry, she was previously wed to Hollywood producer Trevor Engelson, and the couple had a less-than-perfect union.In fact, according to a royal biographer, Meghan once blasted her ex-husband for being "incredibly unprofessional". .Meghan and Trevor had been dating since 2004, and tied the knot on September 10, 2011 in Jamaica.However, the cracks in their relationship were apparently starting to appear three weeks before their wedding when Trevor made an obscure podcast called 'Schmoedown' and an unhappy Meghan watched the livestream from her home in Toronto.Trevor could be seen swigging from an engraved hip flask during the show, something which was reportedly a gift from his fiancee, but that didn't mean she approved of his behaviour. According to Andrew Morton's 2018 book Meghan A Hollywood Princess, she texted him to “put that flask down, it looks incredibly unprofessional”.Trevor was ...

Chaos erupts in Mugodhi Apostolic Faith Church after First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa's visit

First Lady Auxillia Mnangagwa to Mugodhi Apostolic Faith Church in Wedza on a cancer screening awareness programme has divided the church.with one faction accusing the late founder Tandewu Mugodhi’s sympathisers of disrespecting their religious beliefs. This was revealed on Saturday at the burial of Tandewu by the faction which is fighting to wrest control of the church from Mugodhi’s family.The faction accused its rivals of inviting the First Lady for cancer screening, a medical process which they claim was against their beliefs.The First Lady visited the shrine in April last year alongside government officials from the. Health ministry as part of her nationwide awareness campaign on free cancer screening.Zimbabwe Amalgamated Churches Council patron Jimayi Muduvuri, who also attended the burial at the weekend, confirmed the matter yesterday, saying the cancer screening exercise had brought divisions within the sect. “I am aware of the issue and it is being propped up...

Queen Elizabeth releases historic message What she said

Queen Elizabeth II has shared a message of hope and paid tribute to British healthcare workers amid the coronavirus pandemic.In a video, which was shared to YouTube on Sunday, Her Majesty gave thanks to frontline health workers while offering words of encouragement to families across the nation.“I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time,” the Queen began. “A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.The Queen has issued a message to the nation on the coronavirus outbreak, saying the UK is “entering a period of great concern and uncertainty”.The 93-year-old praised the work of scientists, medics and emergency staff, but added that everyone has a "vitally important part to play".Her message came just ahead of the PM's daily briefing, in which he said the UK could "turn the tide" in 12 weeks. The ...